Mr. Matheney has 30 years of experience in Geographic Information Systems and Computer Aided Drafting Skills and is currently a Sr. Transportation Planner for Metro Analytics. He received much of his initial training on the job in the United States Air Force working closely with base engineers and planners as an Engineering Assistant. Since completing his military enlistment, Mr. Matheney has gained a vast amount of on-the-job experience in the GIS and planning fields. He has assisted in the completion of a wide range of projects including complex GIS analysis and is an expert with industry-standard GIS software such as ArcGIS and QGIS. In addition, he has a deep knowledge of GIS data collection practices. Mr. Matheney has completed dozens of transportation studies including NEPA compliance, long-range transportation plans, municipal comprehensive plans, and freight mobility plans. He not only has helped with data analysis and writing of these reports but has also helped complete public involvement campaigns related to these projects.
- USAF Technical School, Engineering Assistant Training, Honor Graduate, 1992
- Geography, University of Akron, 1991-1992, 2000-2004
- Geography, University of Utah, 2004
Skills & Specializations
- GIS Data Collection
- GIS Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
- CAD (AutoCAD, Microstation)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Montgomery MPO Regional Freight Plan, Montgomery MPO, AL
- Spalding County Freight Plan, Spalding County, GA and Atlanta Regional Council (ARC)
- Tucker Summit Freight Cluster Plan, Tucker Summit CID (TSCID) and ARC
- URISA Ohio Chapter
Join Our Team
Become part of our team. Learn who we are, what we are doing, and how you can help us improve transportation.