Afnan Mohammad is a transportation researcher and analyst with a rich background in the field, supported by a strong educational foundation and diverse skill set. He holds a Master of Science in Bioregional Planning / Environmental Planning from Utah State University, an impressive program that equips him with a deep understanding of environmental dynamics and planning principles.
Afnan’s journey in the transportation sector has been marked by significant contributions and achievements. Notably, he played a pivotal role in the execution of the Socio-Ecologic Framework for Community Living, a remarkable project valued at $2.5 million. His responsibilities as a Transportation Research Analyst enabled him to apply his expertise to this impactful initiative, highlighting his substantial experience in the field.
In terms of education, Afnan has consistently demonstrated his commitment to academic excellence. His master’s degree in Geographic Information Science (GIS) from Jahangirnagar University in Bangladesh further enriches his professional profile. This program allowed him to delve deep into GIS, a critical tool for transportation analysis and spatial planning.
Afnan’s skill set encompasses a wide range of competencies crucial to the transportation domain. He is highly proficient in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), including platforms like ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro, and QGIS. His experience in conducting statistical, qualitative, and quantitative analyses makes him a valuable asset for data-driven decision-making in the transportation sector.
Throughout his career, Afnan has exhibited the ability to manage complex projects and leverage GIS to derive actionable insights. His dedication to environmental planning, transportation modeling, and data analysis has consistently delivered positive outcomes. Afnan’s extensive experience in managing projects, collaborating with stakeholders, and applying advanced GIS techniques positions him as a well-rounded transportation professional. In summary, Afnan Mohammad is a transportation expert with a master’s degree in Bioregional Planning / Environmental Planning and a master’s degree in Geographic Information Science (GIS). His substantial experience in research and analysis, combined with his proficiency in GIS and data-driven decision-making, makes him a valuable asset to any transportation-focused team.
- Master of Science: Bioregional Planning / Environmental Planning - Utah State University - Logan, UT - August 2021 to Current
- Master of Science: Geographic Information Science (GIS) - Jahangirnagar University - Dhaka, Bangladesh - January 2017 to April 2018
- Bachelor’s Degree: Urban and Rural Planning - Khulna University - Khulna, Bangladesh - June 2012 to July 2016
Skills & Specializations
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS): Proficient in ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro, QGIS, and related software for data analysis, mapping, and spatial modeling.
- Transportation Planning: Experienced in developing transportation models, transit accessibility analysis, and traffic data interpretation. Well versed in Trans CAD, Synchro and other transportation related software.
- Environmental Planning: Skilled in environmental impact assessments, sustainability planning, and land use modeling.
- Data Analysis: Proficient in statistical, qualitative, and quantitative analysis methods for informed decision-making.
- Project Management: Effective project coordination, data management, and technical report writing.
No skills and specializations listed
- Socio-Ecologic Framework for Community Living: Developed a comprehensive transportation model to support individuals with disabilities’ community engagement. This project involved extensive data analysis and modeling.
- Wetland Mitigation Site Planning: Managed the GIS component of wetland mitigation projects for the Idaho Transportation Department, resulting in improved environmental planning.
- Urban Planning and Zoning: Led urban planning projects, including land use modeling and zoning recommendations, for Engineering Consultants & Associates Ltd.
No projects listed
Join Our Team
Become part of our team. Learn who we are, what we are doing, and how you can help us improve transportation.